Monday, June 18, 2012

DIY Message board

Hello all

I wanted to share this message board, which I made for my daughter. She gets lot of stuff.... papers and notes( her teacher loves to share notes instead of emails,which I like very much) which were becoming an eye sore hanging on my refrigerator.That's when I decided to make something which would declutter my refrigerator's side.

This is what it looks like.(Just ignore my bad skills in taking photos.)

Here's how I made it:





1. Gather your supplies. You'll need a corkboard or a foam craft board,some kind of batting(mine is actually a scrap piece which came in some packing) hot glue gun and some ribbon.



2.  Rest is all easy Hot glue your batting on the cork board.



3. Put your fabric on your work space with wrong side facing up. Hot glue fabric on the board fitting it tightly.



This is how it'll look.



4. Just add some ribbons in diagonal strips and hot glue them at the back.

You have your message board ready.
 My kitchen looks much more neat and clean since I transferred all paper work onto this board.I had all the supplies on hand which made the cost of this board almost nothing.

Let me know in your comments what do you think of it.


The Southern Intitute

11 comments:

  1. nice one..will definately try it out...gud way to make use of things at home..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I want to try this myself. Thanks for sharing. Also visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors! Looks great. Thanks so much for linking this up to our weekend Wonders party. Hope to see you back on Thursday :)

    Following you now via GFC too

    http://thethriftinessmiss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete